I’ve never been a huge chocolate fan. Call me crazy, but I actually decline chocolate cake. On the other hand, rich, chocolate desserts sometimes impress me (the occasional brownie) Truffles fall into that decadent category, but I’ve never been impressed by one…until I tried this recipe. It’s completely vegan and refined sugar free, yet each bite is absolute heaven.
- 10 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp any flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 – 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut for rolling
- Add the dates, flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and vanilla to a high-speed blender or food processor, combine just until a sticky batter forms
- Take out the batter and fold in the chocolate chips (you can just use your hands)
- Roll the batter into small balls (I made about six) and then roll these in shredded coconut, pressing gently to make it stick
- Place in freezer for about 10 mins to firm up
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!