Although pasta can be smothered in warm, cheesy sauce and served with garlic bread…a summer bbq is the perfect time to dress it up differently. This is a colourful, cool pasta salad that tastes so fresh you won’t even miss Alfredo.
The ingredients are based off of the recipe suggestion on the back of the Club House (25% less salt) Pasta Salad dressing mix. I’ve made a few substitutions but feel free to stick to the package directions or experiment!
- 1 lb (454g) of pasta (I used Barilla Rotini)
- 1 package of Club House (25% less salt) Pasta Salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large cucumber
- half a can of olives
- 200 g feta (about half a container of TreStelle Traditional Feta)
- about 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (I used Splendido which comes in seasoned oil)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain well and then store in a large bowl in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Drain and rinse the olives, slice the cucumber, chop the sundried tomatoes and feta into small pieces
- Combine the dressing mix, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to the cooled pasta, mixing diligently
- Store pasta salad covered, in the fridge for at least 1 hour (if you let it sit overnight it tastes even better)
- Serve cool