If there was only one cookie recipe I could keep making for my whole life, this would be it. Passed down for generations in my family, these are the best chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever put into your mouth.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon extract (*secret ingredient*)
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in a bowl
- Add egg, lemon extract and chocolate chips, mix
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt
- Add all ingredients together and combine with your hands
- Drop dough from a spoon onto a cookie sheet (try not to eat it all,haha,) bake in oven @ 350 for anywhere between 8-15 minutes (depending on your oven)*
*These cookies should be baked long enough that a toothpick comes out clean or the edges are slightly brown. Don’t worry if they seem undercooked, they will harden as they cool and taste so soft and fluffy.